Re: change color optimization and Re: disableAction

  • To: Doug Lindholm <lind@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: change color optimization and Re: disableAction
  • From: Dave Glowacki <dglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:45:17 -0600
"From: Bill Hibbard <hibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Doug Lindholm wrote:
> > What are the appropriate circumstances for using
> > DisplayImpl.disableAction()? When does it need to be enabled? I'm afraid
> > if I use it too liberally, I will disable something I shouldn't.
>
> Whenever you want to prevent any transform of Data into scene
> graphs, typically when you are calling a sequence of methods
> that would each trigger transform, but only want transform to
> happen once at the end.

Bill didn't specifically address your final concern (that
you're afraid you'll disable something you shouldn't).

The answer to that is that the enableAction() forces that
Display to check everything for changes, so there shouldn't
be any harm caused by disableAction() (except that the Display
isn't doing anything while it's disabled.)