Re: Multiple Spread Sheets

Hi Sylvain,

One of the main assumptions the visad.ss code makes is that no cells
have duplicate names.  There may be other reasons for your problems,
too, but certainly having multiple cells with the same name would
create some issues.

The first thing I would suggest is that you write some code to
tailor the SpreadSheets to your own application's purposes.  The
visad.ss.BasicSSCell and visad.ss.FancySSCell are designed to be
flexible components in any application, not just
visad.ss.SpreadSheet.  You could easily write some code that puts
FancySSCells with unique names into several different window frames.
For a simple example of utilizing the SpreadSheet API in your own
application, see visad/examples/MiniSheet.java.

Alternately, I suppose the SpreadSheet could be modified so that it
enforces name uniqueness more strictly, and thus a second
SpreadSheet would always use row and column enumeration that doesn't
overlap with existing SpreadSheets.

-Curtis