Re: get mousecoordinates

Hi Erik,

> I have a problem with my VisADApplet. I want to set points in my display
> (displayImplJ2D) with my mouse.
> The first problem: When I use my mouse on the display, the display
> moves. How can I disable this functionality.

See http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/visad_archive/msg02758.html
for an answer.

> Second problem: How can I get the coordinates of my mouse if mousebutton
> is clicked.

You need to add a DisplayListener to your DisplayImpl, and
look for DisplayEvents with getId() equal to the appropriate
MOUSE_PRESSED, MOUSE_PRESSED_CENTER, etc. Then call getX()
and getY() to get the mouse coordinates.

Also look into using visad/bom/PointManipulationRendererJ3D.java
which can give you mouse right-button click location in data
coordinates. You can easily construct RealTuple objects from
those coordinates.