Re: Overriding default mouse behavior

Hi Charles,

I just tried this with the two attached classes, patterned
after yours. The command:

  java visad.test.MouseSuperceded

printed "done" and exitted without throwing the Error.
There may be something wrong with your Java or VisAD
installation.

Also, please don't send email from 'root@localhost.localdomain'
as it is not a legal address for replies.

root wrote:

> To override the default mouse behavior in a 2D VisAD window,
> I was advised here to take a look at
>         http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/visad-lis/2255
> I believe I have reproduced the logic of that example below,
> and so I wonder why I got the following run-time error:
>
> "Exception in thread "main" visad.VisADError: cannot construct
> class MouseSupercede at visad.java2d.DefaultDisplayRendererJ2D.
> createSceneGraph(DefaultDisplayRenderer"...[etc.]
>
> ---------------------- EXAMPLE: -----------------
> import visad.*;
> import visad.java2d.*;
> import java.rmi.RemoteException;
> import java.awt.*;
> import javax.swing.*;
>
> public class a11 {
>
> public
> a11 (String[] args) throws RemoteException, VisADException {
>
>     DisplayRendererJ2D DR
>          new DefaultDisplayRendererJ2D(MouseSuperceded.class);
>     DisplayImpl theDisp = new DisplayImplJ2D("theDisp", DR);
> }
>
> public static void main(String[] args)
>     throws RemoteException, VisADException {
>         new a11(args);
>         }
> }
>
> class DeadMouse extends MouseHelper {
>
> public DeadMouse(DisplayRenderer DR, MouseBehavior MB) {
>         super(DR, MB);
> }
> }
>
> class MouseSuperceded extends MouseBehaviorJ2D {
>
> public MouseSuperceded(DisplayRendererJ2D dRd {
>         super(dRd, DeadMouse.class);
> }
> }
> ---------------- end of example -----------------------
>
> As a sanity check, if I replace the line
>          new DefaultDisplayRendererJ2D(MouseSuperceded.class);
> with
>   new DefaultDisplayRendererJ2D
>         (visad.java2d.MouseBehaviorJ2D.class)
> I don't get the error.

package visad.test;

import visad.*;

public class DeadMouse extends MouseHelper {
  public DeadMouse(DisplayRenderer DR, MouseBehavior MB) {
    super(DR, MB);
  }
}

package visad.test;

import visad.*;
import visad.java2d.*;
import java.rmi.*;

public class MouseSuperceded extends MouseBehaviorJ2D {
  public MouseSuperceded(DisplayRendererJ2D dRd) {
    super(dRd, DeadMouse.class);
  }

  public static void main(String[] args)
         throws RemoteException, VisADException {
    DisplayRendererJ2D DR
         new DefaultDisplayRendererJ2D(MouseSuperceded.class);
    DisplayImpl theDisp = new DisplayImplJ2D("theDisp", DR);
    System.out.println("done");
    System.exit(0);
  }
}