ErrorEstimate

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how the ErrorEstimate classes work, but can't
quite make it out from the developers guide, tutorial, javadoc or the
archive. I can understand what happens for Reals and the range components of
FlatFields, but what happens when the domain Set for a FlatField has an
ErrorEstimate? Also, I can see that Data.INDEPENDENT uses a linear 'error
propagation' algorithm, but what does actually Data.DEPENDENT do (doesn't
one need to know the functional form of the dependency?). Is there any
auxiliary documentation somewhere, or references to the algorithms used?

Regards,
Jakob

Dr Jakob Svensson, Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics
Boltzmannstrasse 2, D-85748 Garching, Germany
Tel +49-(0)89-32991786