Is there a simple X-Y plot example?

I want to plot X-Y pairs in a SpreadSheet cell, along with
the axes and scales. After reviewing the Visad documenation
and tutorials carefully, I decided that the best way to
understand how to accomplish things with Visad was to study
the example programs. Trouble is, all the examples
produce a drawn object that seems to want to be rotated
or otherwise manipulated by the mouse in that it 1) doesn't
fill the container into which it is drawn and 2) can be moved
around in that space. Neither of these attributes is
needed or desirable for an ordinary X-Y plot.