Re: Java3D crashes Xserver

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the input, however this is a problem that i've "been able to" replicate with my ATI Radeon, ATI Rage Mobility, and Matrox Mystique video cards.

Hopefully the next version of XFree86 will include the Mesa patch that Chris mentionned.

Thanks again!

-kevin.

Robert S Laramee wrote:

Hi Kevin,

i have also had this problem in the past as soon
as we upgraded to Red Hat 7.0 and 7.1.  We fixed
it by installing the latest video card driver.
We had a card that needed an update.  The
driver was a free download from the video
card driver's manufacturer.  Hope this
helps.

-cheers, bob

|Kevin L. Manross                               Dept. of Atmos. Sciences|
|  Grad T.A.                                        Texas Tech Univ.    |
|  (KD5MYD)                                http://www.atmo.ttu.edu/kevin|
|"In this house we obey the laws of THERMODYNAMICS!"  -Homer Simpson    |