Re: Ken Stephenson's Email

Tom,

I saw an email from Ken and I got his email and the following two emails,
one from Administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and another from System Attendant
<CUMULUS-SA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.   I hope you have Virus Scan Software
on your PC and updated DAT files.  Even though the list servers say the
virus attachment was stripped I found it still embedded email when I run the
Message Properties and Message Source options.  I don't know if this is an
option on Netscape since I use Outllook Express.  McAfee on my PC also
caught the virus in Ken's email.

Ken should scan for Viruses on his system.  I have been getting viruses from
various people subscribed to this list.  I hope the system sends them
messages so they know they need to clean their systems, so we can get rid of
passing this viruses around.

This virus installs a trojan horse and will log all your keystrokes, so I
would guess it can capture passwords as you type them in.  More info at

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@xxxxx
ml
http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99069

Luke

*******************************

ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange has detected virus-infected attachment(s).

Sender = Ken Stephenson
Recipient(s) = visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject = Re:
Scanning Time = 01/14/2002 16:15:52
Engine/Pattern = 5.630-1025/199

Action on virus found:
The attachment stuff.MP3.pif contains WORM_BADTRANS.B virus. ScanMail has
Deleted it.

Virus Warning to Recipient!

The CIRA mail server detected a virus in the e-mail you were sent.  The
message or attachement was deleted.  If you have any questions regarding
this, please email hiatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Thank you.

ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange has detected virus-infected attachment(s).

Sender = Ken Stephenson
Recipient(s) = visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject = <no subject>
Scanning Time = 01/14/2002 14:43:04

Action on virus found:
The attachment stuff.MP3.pif exists WORM_BADTRANS.B virus. ScanMail has
Moved it.  The attachment was moved to C:\Program
Files\Trend\Smex\Virus\stuff.MP33c435ef84.pif_.

Warning to recipient. ScanMail has detected a virus.