Re: VisAd and Java WebStart (JNLP)

Hi Jim-

jim schmidt wrote:
> has anyone adapted visad applications (the example apps?)
> for auto-download using the java WebStart technology?
> ref:
> ref:

We use WebStart to distribute our GriddedDataViewer (GDV)
which is based on VisAD.  You can access it at:

Since the VisAD examples do not have a package, I'm not sure
you could do it through webstart.  Also, there is the security issue
if the jar is not signed.  If the jar was signed, you could use
a JNLP file like:

to launch the SpreadSheet.

Note, I'm no expert at this, so maybe there is a way around
the security exception.