[no subject]

Hello,

I am trying to add transparency to my program. It's currently set up like this:

(index)->(x, y, z, value)

and I have Maps added as such

display.addMap( new ScalarMap( x, Display.XAxis ) );
display.addMap( new ScalarMap( y, Display.YAxis ) );
display.addMap( new ScalarMap( z, Display.ZAxis ) );
display.addMap( new ScalarMap( value, Display.RGB ) );
display.addMap( new ScalarMap( value, Display.Alpha ) );

But it does not seem to be working. I am currently running Java3D OpenGl
version.

The value data set ranges from 0 to about 3,000 with the majority of the values
being near 1. I would like it so that the lower the value, the more transparent
it is so that those near the higher end stands out and is not hidden by the
"cloud" of lower level particles.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone,
-dave