Re: please help on the error of segmentation violation

Helen Yi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying the examples of visad on my workstation but got
> "segmentation violation" error.
> Can someone help to fix the problem, please?

Someone can, but not anyone on this list.  Since there is no way
for any Java code to cause a segmentation violation, these are
always due to bugs in some native code.

In your case, most of the threads are waiting.  The only active
threads seem to be "J3D-Renderer-1", "Thread-5" and "AWT-Motif".

My gut instinct would be that you've hit a Java3D bug.
You should report this to whoever wrote the Java3D code for
your OS.