Re: embedding visad.jar in html

John:

John Yao wrote:
> I have been able to use visad outside of the web.  I would like to
> download the visad.jar along with another jar file when my applet object
> starts.  The person who wrote the original html code is no longer here
> and I am not sure how to download two files for the same object.  I know
> strictly speaking  this is not a visad discussion, but I would really
> appreciate it if someone has a quick solution for that.  thanks.

Take a look at:

http://java.sun.com/getjava/comp.html

(from Sun's Java Plug-In documentation). Since your code was written, the plug-in has been changed so that it can now use the standard <applet> tag. This really simplifies life.

This page has an example of using more than one jar file, as well.

Good luck,

tom

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)