How to draw a line

<P>Hi, Bill:</P>
<P>Thank you very much for your help. I tried to add some code from Rivers.java
to my class. It<BR>did draw one line for me. But it is not really what I want
to do. Likely I did not specify my<BR>question clearly. </P>
<P>I draw my original data using Irregular2DSet and got a topography surfacce.
Now, let me use river as an example to explain what I want to do. I want to
draw a river on top of my topograpy surface. For the data of the river, I have
some points with only x and y values. These points are not equally spaced or
gridded (image real situation of river on the earth). I used valueToInterp
method of Irregular2DSet to get elevations of these points. So now I have x,y
and z values of these points. I want to draw these points as one line (i.e.,
like a river) on the top of the surface of my original data. I guess, if the
interpolation is very good, this line will be on the top of the surface of my
original data. If the interpolation is not good, some segments of this line may
be above the surface, some segments of this line may be below the surface. I
also want to draw this line with a meaningful color, e.g., blue.&nbsp;I do not
want to mix<BR>its color with the color of&nbsp;the surface!
 of my original data&nbsp;(from Display.RGB).</P>
<P>Thanks a lot.</P>
<P>Gaoming Fu</P>
<P>&nbsp;<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Bill Hibbard <HIBBARD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: gaoming fu <GAOMING_FU@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;CC: visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: How to draw a line
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 09:13:03 -0600
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Hi Gaoming,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; I used Irregular2DSet to draw my data. I also used its
valueToInterp method to
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; interpolate some points. Now I want to draw these
interpolated points as one line
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; instead of surface in the same Coordinate system of my
original data.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Use the locations of the interpolated points to construct a
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Gridded2DSet with manifold dimension = 1. You can see an
<DIV></DIV>&gt;example of this constructor in visad/examples/Rivers.java
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(which then combines several such Gridded2DSets into a
<DIV></DIV>&gt;UnionSet to get several lines, but you don't need that step).
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Good luck,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Bill
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Bill Hibbard, SSEC, 1225 W. Dayton St., Madison, WI 53706
<DIV></DIV>&gt;hibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 608-263-4427 fax: 608-263-6738
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/vis.html