Re: Axis Label with Spaces Allowed?

Hi Luke-

> "Luke A. Catania" wrote:
>
> Is there a bug in the axis labeling where you cannot specify a string
> that has spaces in it?  I have a menu that will allow the me to change
> the axis label and redraw the graph.  When I specify a string with
> spaces, my graph is redrawn without axis labels and no data.  Nothing
> but the box is displayed.  When I set it back to a name without spaces
> my graph is draw fine.
>
> I am using the setScalarName() method.

As Ugo pointed out, the preferred method is to call
AxisScale.setTitle() to change the displayed Axis Title.
However, setScalarName calls AxisScale.setTitle() so
the effect should be the same.  I've attached a test
program that shows how to work with the AxisScale methods.
If I modify the AxisScale.setTitle() line to instead
call ScalarMap.setScalarName(), I have no problem changing
the title to one with spaces, so either method should work.
Could you send along your code or some snippet so I can test
what the problem is?

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm