Re: Axis Label with Spaces Allowed?

Hi Luke,

Axis properties are now controlled by the class AxisScale (s. below).

> "Luke A. Catania" wrote:
>
> Is there a bug in the axis labeling where you cannot specify a string
> that has spaces in it?  I have a menu that will allow the me to change
> the axis label and redraw the graph.  When I specify a string with
> spaces, my graph is redrawn without axis labels and no data.  Nothing
> but the box is displayed.  When I set it back to a name without spaces
> my graph is draw fine.
>
> I am using the setScalarName() method.
>
> Luke

Do instead:

scale = map.getAxisScale();  // where map is a ScalarMap to X-, Y- or
ZAxis

scale.setTitle("My favourite Quantity [J/m³]");  // don't know if "³"
will draw OK

With AxisScale you can also set the font type and size, minor and major
ticks, set axis color, and many more.
Please refer to the Javadoc for more information.

Cheers,

Ugo