Re: New to VisaAD

I've been doing quite a bit of 3D development for applets.  As long as the
machine I'm running the applet on has the java1.3 plugin with java3d also
installed, I've only seen one significant issue (with the obvious
exception of network security issues inherent in applets) There are some
static variables that I haven't been able to track down that don't get
re-initialized when you refresh your browser.  So sometimes, the displays
don't show up after refreshing.  However, I've always had them display
correctly the first time, so if you have your user re-start the browser
whenever they want to re-use the applet, it's fine.  The workaround I use
is having a static flag in your applet that you set after the first time
it runs.  If the user tries to run the applet again without restarting the
browser, that flag will still be set. Like this:

public class MyApplet extends Applet{

        private static boolean alreadyRunFlag = false;

        public void init(){
                if(alreadyRunFlag){
                        displayRequestRestartPane();
                } else {