Re: Mac OS X 10.1 / VIsAD problems

Hi all,

John Philip Anderson wrote:

> Dear Russ Rew and Dirk Slawinski,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Likewise, I have been using Ugo Taddei's tutorial examples for Mac OS X 10.1
> testing.  Specifically,  P2_11 should be a curve with some red points but in
> OS X 10.1 appears to be some connected lines and red boxes (or super large
> points).

Just a note on point sizes: I've seen them differ according to the
platform the program is running on. The screenshots where made under
SuSE Linux 6.3, JDK 1.2 (Sun's version) and Java3D 1.2.1 (and, shame on
me, they might be a bit out of date ;-) Under Win 1998 or under Solaris
the red "points" do look larger. I also know from the list that using
DirectX instead of OpenGL might afect the points sies (because DirectX
doesn't support point size, or so do I read).

Therefore, I'd find some inconsistency between different platforms
"normal" (though not quite compatible with claims of "platform
independence").

Anyway, no matter how point sizes may differ or colors may vary, the
fact that points get connected indicates the presence of a bug, because
in example P2_11 the red points have such different MathType, so that
they always get plot as points. I.e.

red points: ( index -> (x,y) )
green line: ( x -> y)

Cheers,