Re: Faster

Hi Cicero,

> I am working on an application that plots radar data. The radar data is
> a 512x512 matrix (262144 pixels), using a Integer2DSet  and I haven't
> had any problems about speed (just the usual Java speed). But now I`ve
> been tried to plot a contour map over the radar image, the map
> coordinates are composed by some polylines in a text file (.MIF). I made
> a class that reads the file and store each polyline in a float[][]  and
> then I do just like the rivers.java example: Create an array of
> Gridded2DSet and then an UnionSet and into a DataReference.
>
> But after that the application speed became very slow (the map is not
> that big aprox. 10000 points). I've seem some other application that use
> maps and Visad, and they are fast.

It may be that if every line segment in the map is its own
polyline, there could be 10000 Gridded2DSets in your UnionSet.
I'm not sure if this would be slow or not, but its possible.
If you have a way to print the number of sets in your UnionSet
that would help. If every segment is in its own polyline, it
would be useful to merge them into fewer polylines.