Re: Fw: netcdf and multiarray directories in Netcdf ver 2 .vs. Ver 1

  • To: "Plonski, Michael" <mplonski@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Fw: netcdf and multiarray directories in Netcdf ver 2 .vs. Ver 1
  • From: Steve Emmerson <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:27:57 -0600
Michael,

You can reduce memory-usage by telling the netCDF-import
module to maximize the number of VisAD FileFlatField-s
used to represent the data. This is done by setting
the Java property "visad.data.netcdf.in.Strategy" to
"visad.data.netcdf.in.MaxFileFieldStrategy". For example:

    $ java
-Dvisad.data.netcdf.in.Strategy=visad.data.netcdf.in.MaxFileFieldStrategy ...

Additionally, a version of VisAD which should be released soon will have
the ability to import an arbitray subset of the parameters in a local
netCDF file.

Regards,