Re: Exception when using createStandardLabels() methind from AxisScale.

Hi Luke-

"Luke Catania (TEC)" wrote:

> Don,
>
> Yes that worked, though my axis labels  and scale values overlap each other
> still and are unreadable. See attached plot.
>
> Is there any way to sepecify the position of the Axis labels?  I did not see
> any methods  in the AxisScale Class to position labels.

Unfortunately, the answer is no.  I've wrestled with how to do
this correctly, but have not come up with a satisfactory solution.
The fundamental problem is that you can have multiple AxisScales
along a side and each are equally spaced.  This really came into
play when the orientation for the labels on the YAxis were
switched from vertical to horizontal and when I added the ability
to plot labels at more than just the top and bottom of the scale.
If we went back to vertical labels (like they are in 3D), it would
work more like the XAxis does.

There is no generic titling mechanism in VisAD at the present that
would allow you to put a title anywhere on the screen.  The closest
thing would be to call AxisScale.setTitle("") to remove the YAxis
title and then add in a Shape to plot the title you want using
PlotText.render_label() and ShapeControl.  That's not easy though.

For now, the only other solution is to call AxisScale.setTitle("")
on the YAxis which will remove the NET_SOLAR_RADIATION from the
screen.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm