Re: determining visible points

Bill,

Thanks a lot for the info. I did a slight variation of your suggestion and it
seems to work.

I start by transforming all points as you mentioned. I also transform a base
point for each data point which would be the data point projected on the bottom
of the universe. I test point A against any point B in front of and above it by
determining if a line from B to any adjacent neighbor C will hide point A. To
satisfy the point where you may be looking directly down on the graph or up from
above I also make sure the point A falls between point B and the base point for
B. In other words, if point B and the projection of B on the bottom of the
universe are both either above or below point A then B can't block A.

I'm not sure if the explanation makes sense, but your suggestion was a great
help.

Thanks again,

Raymond J. Zeigler
Systems Programmer