Re: Running Remote Data Server in Background

James Kelly wrote:
> I'm experimenting with running a remote data server, and using a client
> display program to connect to the remote data. IE I'm only interesting
> in sharing data, not the displays across multiple clients.

> The code works fine, as long as I run the server in the foreground.
>
> If I start up the server in the background eg:
> java TimeseriesServer &
>
> and then try to start the client, I get the error message below.
>
> Any ideas why? [cuz I'd like to run the servers as background processes]

You're probably expecting this but...

It works for me.  I ran Test63 and Test64 in the background
and everything worked just fine.

Do those work for you while backgrounded?  If so, it may
just be a problem in your app (he said hopefully :-)

If not, what OS and JDK/JRE version are you using?

I'll try to work up a minimal server and client to do some more
testing...