Re: weird green glow

Hi Vijay,

> Sorry it took so long to reply, I don't have email at my work account right
> now. Ok, I took a screen shot of the green glow and put it up on my school
> website at
>
> www.stanford.edu/~vjchem
>
> the last link, "Visad Green Glow" will be the picture. The more I look at it,
> the more sure I am that the problem is java3d, not visad, but any ideas you
> have will be appreciated. thanks,

This looks like volume rendering applied with a color-alpha
table that has alpha values slightly larger than 0.0f, and
green color. I tested this in Test61, by forcing all alpha
values = 0.0f, and got an invisible volume rather than any
weird glow. You might look at your code and see whether you
have a FlatField with a Linear3DSet domain set that will
display using volume rendering, and if its alpha values are
slightly larger than 0.0f.