Re: Creating geometry.

Hi Sunila,

> I want to create a geometry something like this.
>
> when user presses the right mouse button, a point at that location should be
> added to the display and from that point I want to have a something like
> RubberBandLineRendererJ3D effect and when user releases the mouse button the
> line should be displayed with the two end points shown of greater pixel
> size. In this way i want to create a geometry by connecting some points on
> the display.
>         After the creation of geometry, user can drag the points with the
> mouse and new position of the points and the line connecting the points
> should be redrawn on the display.

You can catch the first click of the right mouse button with
visad.bom.PointManipulationRendererJ3D. But to then drag to
the second point would require you to write a new
extension class of DirectManipulationRendererJ3D, similar
to visad.bom.RubberBandBoxRendererJ3D. This would be
challenging.

Another approach is to create both end points with clicks
and visad.bom.PointManipulationRendererJ3D. Then to allow
the user to drag existing end points with
visad.java3d.DirectManipulationRendererJ3D.

Of course, this would also require other logic, in CellImpls
that are triggered by PointManipulationRendererJ3D and
DirectManipulationRendererJ3D. These CellImpls would construct
RealTuples for the end points and Gridded2DSets with manifold
dimension = 1 for the connecting line.