Re: Linaer2DSet resolution?

> Out of an Ascii-file, currently I am just trying to load the ascii in
> ArcView so that I can see, if VisAD or my application is missing values or
> the ascii data set.

Ok in the meantime I checked
the data set has about 300 000 points, and i am reading 300 000 lines in
my application. so the coordinate arrays have a lenght about 300 000

columns = 1000 and rows = 834
1000*834=834000 ( the missing points included)

I am putting this in a Linear2DSet and the result is the shape you can see
at pictures, I approximately countet the points in the shape in the
wireframe modus, which results in approximately 3000 points. So whats
wrong? I would have expected about 300 000 points! Is Linear2DSet somehow
interpolating? Where am I loosing my points?

Thanks Desiree

eastValues = RealType.getRealType("eastValues");
        northValues = RealType.getRealType("northValues");
        heightValues = RealType.getRealType("heightValues");

        try {
            //domain_tuple = new RealTupleType(northValues,eastValues);
            domain_tuple = new RealTupleType(eastValues,northValues);
            // Create a FunctionType (domain_tuple -> range_tuple);
            func_en_h = new FunctionType(domain_tuple, heightValues);

            //System.out.println("nCols "+nCols);
            //System.out.println("nRows "+nRows);

            domain_set = new
Linear2DSet(domain_tuple,northMin,northMax,nRows,eastMin, eastMax, nCols);

            // Get the Set samples to facilitate the calculations
            //float[][] set_samples = domain_set.getSamples( true );

            // We create another array, with the same number of elements
of
            // altitude and temperature, but organized as
            // float[2][ number_of_samples ]
            float[][] flat_samples = new float[1][nCols * nRows];

            // ...and then we fill our 'flat' array with the generated
values
            // by looping over NCOLS and NROWS
            // specifiy height
            for(int c = 0; c < nRows; c++){
                for(int r = 0; r < nCols; r++){
                    //flat_samples[0][c*nRows+r] = height[c*nRows+r];
                    flat_samples[0][c*nCols+r] = heightNaN[c*nCols+r];
                }
            }

            System.out.println("fsl "+flat_samples[0].length);
            // Create a FlatField
            // Use FlatField(FunctionType type, Set domain_set)
            vals_ff = new FlatField( func_en_h, domain_set);

            // ...and put the values above into it
            // Note the argument false, meaning that the array won't be
copied
            vals_ff.setSamples( flat_samples , false );

            // Create Display and its maps
            // A 2D display
            display = new DisplayImplJ3D("display1");

            // Create the ScalarMaps: latitude to XAxis, longitude to
YAxis and
            // altitude to RGB and temperature to IsoContour
            // Use ScalarMap(ScalarType scalar, DisplayRealType
display_scalar)
            eastMap = new ScalarMap( eastValues, Display.YAxis );
            northMap = new ScalarMap( northValues, Display.XAxis );
            heightMap = new ScalarMap(heightValues,Display.ZAxis);

            eastMap.setRange(-1.0, 1.0);
            northMap.setRange(-1.0, 1.0);
            heightMap.setRange(-1.0, 1.0);

            // Add maps to display
            display.addMap( eastMap );
            display.addMap( northMap );
            display.addMap( heightMap );

            // Create a data reference and set the FlatField as our data
            data_ref = new DataReferenceImpl("data_ref");
            data_ref.setData( vals_ff );
            renderer = new DefaultRendererJ3D();

            // Add reference to display
            display.addReferences(renderer,data_ref);
            display.addDisplayListener(listener);