Re: Gridded2DSet

> I can't tell you. My first question is, how did you read the values?

Out of an Ascii-file, currently I am just trying to load the ascii in
ArcView so that I can see, if VisAD or my application is missing values or
the ascii data set.

> That is, are you using the same resolution in your viewer as you have in
> ArcView? (It looks like you aren't.)

Thats what I do not understand.

> My second guess is, is there a call like
> GraphicsModeControl.setTextureEnable():
>
> GraphicsModeControl dispGMC = (GraphicsModeControl)
> display.getGraphicsModeControl();
> dispGMC.setTextureEnable(false);

Not that I am aware of, but I do not have any texture? Can I control the
resolution with display? The following is all I am doing:

                display = new DisplayImplJ3D("display1");

            // Create the ScalarMaps: latitude to XAxis, longitude to
YAxis and
            // altitude to RGB and temperature to IsoContour
            // Use ScalarMap(ScalarType scalar, DisplayRealType
display_scalar)
            eastMap = new ScalarMap( eastValues, Display.YAxis );
            northMap = new ScalarMap( northValues, Display.XAxis );
            heightMap = new ScalarMap(heightValues,Display.ZAxis);

            eastMap.setRange(-1.0, 1.0);
            northMap.setRange(-1.0, 1.0);
            heightMap.setRange(-1.0, 1.0);

            // Add maps to display
            display.addMap( eastMap );
            display.addMap( northMap );
            display.addMap( heightMap );

            // Create a data reference and set the FlatField as our data
            data_ref = new DataReferenceImpl("data_ref");
            data_ref.setData( vals_ff );
            renderer = new DefaultRendererJ3D();

            // Add reference to display
            display.addReferences(renderer,data_ref);
            display.addDisplayListener(listener);

Thanks Desiree

> Ugo
> PS.: sorry about the barbecue metaphor. The summer has settled in this
> part of the planet and I'd rather be outside, taking care that barbecue
> grills do not become irregularly sampled ;-)

Yeah, I am really looking forward to the Baggersee this evening!