Re: Problem building VisAD in java3d

Jeremy Walton wrote:
> > > This sounds like a good improvement - well done!  Thanks for letting me
> > > know.
> >
> > Thanks for reporting it!  Feel free to let us know of any
> > other problems you run into.
>
> Oh, alright then.  ;-)

Darn, I didn't think you'd take me up on it!

>  I (Solaris 2.8, Solaris_JDK_1.2.1_04c) first tried
> the galaxy designer application, which looked nice.  Everything seems pretty
> good, except for pressing the button to switch the view from flat to sphere.
> This causes the X server to exit (at least, the next thing I get is the
> Solaris login screen).

This isn't really a bug in VisAD, but a problem with X which
is being tickled by either AWT, Swing or Java3D (since anything
VisAD sends to the screen is done through one of those APIs.)

Most versions of the JDK from Sun also contain a list of
required OS patches.  You (or your sysadmin) should make sure
that all the required patches have been applied.