Re: NoClassDefFoundError

Hi David,

I think you are right with your assumption that your classpath is wrong. Try
to include the current working directory to your classpath. Do this with a
'.' (dot) in the classpath-definition or call something like

set classpath=%classpath%;*any path with .class or .jar files*;.

in the dos-prompt. The %classpath% is needed not to overwrite the former
definitions of the classpath-variable. You have to include every directory
with classes you wish to use separated with ';'. If your classes are
contained in a .jar or .zip file you have to add the full path plus the
filename with extension to your classpath.
One problem with your Java3D could be the location of your files. I made the
experience that under winNT it is better to move the whole Java3D directory
structure to your jdk root directory. Otherwise you can get problems like
you descriped them. If you have the .jar version of java3D be sure to
include all four .jar files in your classpath. These are j3daudio.jar,
j3dcore.jar, j3dutils.jar, vecmath.jar. If lets say C:/jdk1.3 is your Java
root. So the files should be located in C:/jdk1.3/jre/lib/ext and your
classpath definition should look like

classpath=%classpath%;c:/jdk1.3/jre/lib/ext/j3daudio.jar;c:/jdk1.3/jre/lib/e
xt/j3dcore.jar;c:/jdk......

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Mathias