Re: Multiple Displays

Neither is designed to support multiple physical displays
connected to m,ultiple processors. Last week at NCSA I
spoke briefly with Steve Pietrowicz, author of NCSA
Portfolio and a Java3D expert, about this issue. The critical
issue is synchronizing Java3D displays in multiple machines,
and I'm not sure if anyone has tried. I understand that
NCSA is looking into the issue.

We're going to be looking into this after JavaOne. The current solution we use for OpenGL programs is a program called "wiregl", and that's worked well for us. Wiregl doesn't work for Java3D programs however, so the approach we're going to be taking will be to enhance wiregl so that it does. I don't know how much tinkering I'll have to do with it to get it to work, so no estimates on when I'm going to be done with it. :-) We'll let you (and Bill, and the rest of the Java3D community) know when we get something going.

Steve