Re: Trackd

Thanks! that was it. I almost accessed the shared memory except that
there was a permission denied msg from the shared memory operation 'shmat'.
Something must need root access?

At 06:32 PM 5/4/2001 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Jack,

> When running the TestIdesk example I get the exception that there is
> " no TrackdAPI in the java.library.path "
>
> I believe I have everything compiled correctly (ie. no errors).
>
> I get this on both Solaris and Irix.

I think your message indicates there is no path in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the file libTrackdAPI.so. If you have
the TrackdAPI library and include files installed, and if
the Makefile in visad/java3d compiles OK, then you may only
need to add the right directory to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Jack S. Gundrum
Visualization Group
Center for Academic Computing
Penn State University