Re: problem executing The code

VisAD is a library and as such it is a toolkit for building applications
rather than an application.  While there are several applications
included as examples in the library, many of these need compiled native
code accessible through JNI and cannot be run without compiling source.
However, there is a SpreadSheet application available with the library
that can be used "out of the box".  You can run this with:

java -Xmx128m -jar visad.jar

or

java -Xmx128m -classpath visad.jar visad.ss.SpreadSheet

For instructions on setting up your system to use VisAD, see the section
of the VisAD homepage on "How to get VisAD":

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/visad.html#get

and in particular, read the README file from the link in that section.
Additionally, there are several example programs that show the power and
flexibility of VisAD in the visad_examples.jar file available from the
VisAD homepage. Instructions for running these are included in the URL
above.

Don Murray