Re: Coordinate System and eye

Hi Sylvain,

> I've got one question about Coordinate System in VisAD. What is the link
> between the coordinate system of the samples and the coordinate system
> of Java3d ? In fact, my question is "how to locate the centered eye ?"
> If I use :
>
> Canvas3D canvas = disp_rend.getCanvas();
> Point3d eye_position = new Point3d();
> canvas.getCenterEyeInImagePlate(eye_position);
>
> I got {0,0,0}.
> Is there a method that gives the eye position in the same coordinate
> system as the samples ?

The maping from data coordinates to display coordinates is
defined by the ScalarMaps to spatial DisplayRealTypes (e.g.,
XAxis, YAxis, ZAxis). Assuming that no CoordinateSystems
are involved, its pretty straightforward and is described in:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/visad/msg00862.html

and:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/visad/msg01793.html

Note that these two answers go further than what you are
asking, and describe how to compute range values of Fields.