Re: JAVA 3D on Linux 7.0

This is know problem with Linux 7.0 and Java3D. The
people at Blackdown know about it, but I dont know
if there is a solution. I have the same problem.

At 08:00 AM 3/15/2001 -0600, Bill Hibbard wrote:
Hi Praveen,

> hello bill,
>         I have installed Java 3D on linux 7.0
>         Whenever I run examples on Linux7.0
>         the x-server is getting crashed.
>         Well even in VisAD examples
>         ref:: P4_01.java of Tutorial in Section 4
>         the Display.RGB is not getting mapped correctly.
>         Can anyone help me out.
>
>         Its fine with my older Linux6.2 Version

This is undoubtedly a problem with your Linux 7.0. Any
Java bug should only throw an Exception. Perhaps someone
else on the list knows more than I about Linux.

Jack S. Gundrum
Visualization Group
Center for Academic Computing
Penn State University