Re: visad.bom package

Hi Jim, Don, Andrew et al,

To add to Andrew and Don's comments:
The radar data file expected by RadarDisplay is known as a 6 level, run length
encoded data file. It is the simplest possible radar data format that we
generate.
We also generate 16 level and full volumetric data, but no work has been done on
this yet in Java/VisAD.

Don is absolutely right, that the CoordinateSystem class is where the real magic
lies.

Either Andrew or I could probably help if you need more information. What do you
want to do, and what else do you need?

Cheers,

James

[thanks for the great summary Don!]

--
James Kelly
Regional Computing and Distributed Systems        Bureau of Meteorology