Re: 2D display on MacOSX

Hi Ken,

>         A few months ago I posted an E-mail about problems with the 2D
> rendered
> display on a Mac running MacOSX.  The problem is still occurring and I
> would like to know if anyone has had any success in this area.

Sorry to say we haven't made any progress.

I don't have a Mac OS X box so I cannot reproduce the problem.
I recall that I tried a couple of changes which you tested but
none of my changes fixed the problem.

The root of the problem is that Java2D does not includes a
universal API for simply creating a java.awt.Image from an
array of true color pixels. Instead the application has to
parse the ColorModel of the particular machine. Java2D
should support an API where applications can specify red,
green and blue radiances as floats and let the machine
specific code worry about packing them into bits.

To make further progress, I'm going to have to ask for help
from java2d-interest@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Can you please capture and send me a GIF image of the bad
display? As I recall, you had ther problem in appletviewer
but not running as an application? If this is true, please
also send me a GIF image of the way the display should look.
And any other information about the problem.

Thank you,