Re: Gif`s in visad

Hi Olver,

> i follow your instructions, but i don`t know what happend.

You only partially followed my instructions.

> The problem is that i need to show the gif in a display with maps
> longitude and latitude like in the example that i send.
>
> i need to paint the gif on a display with flatfield
> (latitude,longitude)->(Realtype)

You copied the pixels from the GIF image with MathType:

  ((ImageElement, ImageLine) -> (Red, Green, Blue))

into a FlatField with MathType:

  ((Longitude, Latitude) -> (Red, Green, Blue))

But then your ScalarMap:

  redMap =  new ScalarMap( new RealType("RGB"), Display.RGB );

uses the "RGB" RealType that is not part of your new FlatField.

I was able to get your program to display an image by changing:

  redMap =  new ScalarMap( new RealType("RGB"), Display.RGB );

to:

  redMap =  new ScalarMap( redType, Display.RGB );

and also changing:

  visad.Linear2DSet Valdom = new visad.Linear2DSet(campo,0,40,Filas,
                                                   0,40,Columnas);
to:

  visad.Linear2DSet Valdom = new visad.Linear2DSet(campo,0,40,Columnas,
                                                   0,40,Filas);

and changing:

  for(int i=0;i<imageData.getRangeDimension();i++)

to:

  for(int i=0;i<imageData.getLength();i++)

I think you need to spend more time studying the tutorial
and the examples.