Re: 20010118: Java 3D on Red Hat Linux 7.0

> >I am trying to run Java3D, including VisAD on Red Hat Linux 7.0.  I'm
> >running into a problem when i close the applications.  When I close a
> >Java3d demo application and my own VisAD application with the 'X' widget
> >in the top, right-hand corner of the window frame, The Red Hat Window
> >managers -KDE or GNOME shut down and kick me off so that I have to log
> >onto my machine again.  Has this happened to anyone else?
>
> Haven't had that problem.  I'm running RH 6.2 though.
>
> >I've tried Java3d 1.1.3 and Java3d 1.2 and it seems to be happening with
> >both of them.  The regular Java demos work fine, as expected i.e. the demo
> >programs that come with jdk 1.3 (Notpad.jar for example).  Also, the Mesa
> >3.4 demos close without a problem -although i could only get the 'bounce'
> >demo working.
>
> What about the Java 3D demos (GearTest, etc)?

They have the same problem.  When I use the 'X' in the top, right-hand
corner of the window, the whole window manager shuts down (sort of like
a crash), restarts, and the login window comes up again.

-cheers, bob

Robert S Laramee        tel:    (603) 868-1361
Durham, NH 03824        URL:   http://www.cs.unh.edu/~rlaramee