Re: range of values taken on by a scalar

Hi John,

> how do you find the range of values taken on by an arbitrary Scalar?  It
> seems that ScalarMap needs to do this, but I can't find exactly how...

Its done a by a call to Data.computeRanges() from
DataRenderer.prepareAction().  As long as you don't call
ScalarMap.setRange(), you can access the range by a call
to ScalarMap.getRange(), after data have been transformed
for display.  You can use a DisplayListener to wait for a
DisplayEvent.TRANSFORM_DONE.