Re: ADD or remove any one ScalarMap

Hi Shinta,

>     After test some examples in VISAD class.
>     I have question about the VISAD. Can we add a switch or
> eventlistener to change , remove or    add the the new
> ScalarMap in program?
>
>  example :
>
>   If I alreadly have three baisc ScarlarMaps:
>
>      dpys[0].addMap(new ScalarMap(RealType.Latitude,
> Display.YAxis));
>      dpys[0].addMap(new ScalarMap(RealType.Longitude,
> Display.XAxis));
>      dpys[0].addMap(new ScalarMap(RealType.Radius,
> Display.IsoContour));
>
>  I want remove the last one after click one button(on UI) .
>
>      dpys[0].addMap(new ScalarMap(RealType.Radius,
> Display.IsoContour));
>
>  or add new one after click another button.
>
>     dpys[0].addMap(new ScalarMap(RealType.Radius,
> Display.Red));
>
>   If there is some method to do this, please tell me. Thanks

In order to change the ScalarMaps in a display, you must
first remove all links to data.  If you've set up a display
with code like:

  DisplayImplJ3D display = ...;
  display.addMap(...);
  display.addMap(...);
  display.addReference(...);
  display.addReference(...);

and then want to change ScalarMaps, do this:

  // save the old maps
  Vector sMaps = display.getMapVector();
  Vector cMaps = display.getConstantMapVector();

  // remove links to data
  display.removeAllReferences();
  // clear ScalarMaps
  display.clearMaps();

  // add selected maps back to display
  //
  // add them back, rather simply recreating them, in order
  // to preserve any control widgets you constructed for your
  // ScalarMaps (thanks to Dave Glowacki's recent work)
  if (sMaps != null) {
    int len = sMaps.size();
    for (int i = 0; i < len; i++) {
      ScalarMap map = (ScalarMap )sMaps.elementAt(i);
      ScalarType scalar = map.getScalarType(); // probably a RealType
      DisplayRealType dreal = getDisplayScalar();
      // decide whether to discard certain ScalarMaps based on
      // their RealType and DisplayRealType
      if (we want to keep this ScalarMap) {
        display.addMap(map);
      }
    }
  }

  // add any new ScalarMaps to display
  display.addMap(...);
  display.addMap(...);

  // add ConstantMaps back
  if (cMaps != null) {
    int len = cMaps.size();
    for (int i = 0; i < len; i++) {
      ConstantMap map = (ConstantMap )cMaps.elementAt(i);
      newDpy.addMap(map);
    }
  }
  // recreate links to data