Re: resetting a DisplayImpl with new data

Hi Bill,

> Your code should work to display data the first time in the
> display, but will not work to replace existing data in the
> display by new data.  For that you would need (I think):
>
>   display.clearMaps();
>
> at the top of initializeMaps().
>
> Does your code work to display data the first time (i.e.,
> only fail when it comes time to replace data in the display)?

That is correct, it only fails when if comes time to replace data
in the display.

        display.clearMaps();

by itself, does not seem to do the trick.  i noticed 2 lines in setting up
the contour widget:

        ScalarMap mapContour=(ScalarMap)display.getMapVector().lastElement();
        contourWidget = new ContourWidget(mapContour);

Do i have to update the ScalarMap for the contour widget as well?  If that
is true, do i use this class ContourWidget.ContourRangeSlider?  i noticed
it has a method:

        ContourRangeSlider.mapChanged();

Do i also have to call this method?  Does anyone know the actual syntax of
accessing this class?  The documentation says it is an inner class of
Contour Widget.

-cheers, bob

Robert S Laramee        tel:    (603) 868-1361 (new as of 19 Jan '00)
9 Woodman Ave, #316     office: (603) 862-0350
Durham, NH 03828        URL:   http://www.cs.unh.edu/~rlaramee