Re: Problem with VisAD + Linux 2.2.12-20 + IBM Java 1.3

Hi Alessandro,

> I'm experiencing a weird problem with VisAD:
>
> > javac P1_01.java
> > java P1_01
>
> will display the plot as shown in the tutorial. After quitting P1_01
> (pressing ^C),
>
> > java P1_01
>
> will just display the frame (with title) but not the plot. No other
> plots can be displayed unless the machine gets rebooted (restarting X
> does not help). I get no error msgs.
>
> Here is my configuration:
>
>   Operating System         = Linux Version 2.2.12-20 Running on x86
>   Java Version             = 1.3.0
>   Java VM Version          = Classic VM 1.3.0
>   Java Vendor              = IBM Corporation
>   Java Vendor URL          = http://www.ibm.com/
>   Java Home                = /opt/IBMJava2-13/jre
>   Java Class Version       = 46.0
>   System Locale            = en_US
>   JIT                      = jitc

I cannot duplicate this problem on Solaris or Windows, so
it must be a system problem.  There may be some thread that
keeps running after your ^C that alters the next 'java P1_01'.
One suggestion is to kill any thread that seems related to
Java, then try re-running 'java P1_01'.

Another is to try manually resizing the empty frame - on some
Windows systems this helps by triggering an OpenGL redraw.