Re: a visad app/applet that behaves in ways I don't understand

  • To: "Alexander, Ben" <BAlexander@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: a visad app/applet that behaves in ways I don't understand
  • From: Dave Glowacki <dglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 16:17:20 -0500
"Alexander, Ben" wrote:
> My problems started
> when I tried to replicate a user's typical use of our program (i.e. generate
> data, plot data, repeat).  My
> applet works beautifully the first time, but won't show any plots on
> subsequent invocations.  To investigate
> this behavior, I modified my program so that it could also run as an app.
> One additional note: the app _sometimes_ works correctly without any
> modification (suggesting a
> timing problem?).  I have never seen the applet generate a second plot,
> however.

There's definitely a timing problem in the application, but I'm not
yet sure where it's located.

It looks like the rendering for the first start() is interrupted
by second start() clearing and reloading the data in the Display,
and that's killing any subsequent rendering.

I've got to go right now, but I'll poke at this some more tomorrow
and see what I can find...