Re: What makes 2 ScalarMaps the same?

  Well, I don't have an answer to my question, and have actually come up
with another question, but I did solve my problem.  I just don't know
why it worked.

  The domain is time and I have some values I wish to plot (2D).  When I
created the FunctionType needed I passed (timeType, valType) and kept
getting the exception below.  However, when I made a RealTupleType out
of my timeType, then passed timeTuple to the FunctionType constructor,
the exception went away and all is good.

  I think it's time to study the Component Library Developers' Guide
some more...

Paul Gifford wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I asked this as a followup question but maybe it was overlooked.  I'm
> getting this exception:
>
> visad.BadMappingException: Display.addMap: two ScalarMaps with the same
> RealType & DisplayRealType
>
>   I have a loop that is going through a vector of data sets.  Each pass
> new ScalarMaps are being created...the maps are local to the loop.  I
> know you can't reuse a ScalarMap but I though creating new ones each
> pass would do the trick.  I guess I thought wrong...any suggestions?

Paul Gifford, Capt, USAF
NOAA/NGDC
325 S Broadway EGC2
Boulder CO 80303