Slow Irregular3DSet-Constructor

Hello there,

I'm new with VisAD and not jet very experienced with its mechanisms. I'm
trying to write an Application for presenting the measured data of a
satellite in 3D. Therefore I constructed an Irregular3DSet. I have to
handle with a lot of data. So I tried to construct a Irregular3DSet with
nearly 5000 datapoints. On a Pentium II-400 System it took about half an
hour to run the Irregular3DSet-Constructor.

My questions are:
- Is it normal that the Irregular3DSet-Constructor is that kind of slow?

- Is there another possibility to visualize my data?

Thank you for your efforts in helping me.

Greetings, Mathias Stümpert