Re: Triangulate 3D data points

Hi Antimbé,

> I would like to know if  visad has a program which can triangulate a 3D
> data, and
> vizualized the result triangulation.

You can triangulate 3-D data by constructing an Irregular3DSet
(If it is a tetrahedralization), or an Irregular2DSet (if it is
a triangulation embedded in 3-D), which will implicitly invoke
one of the system's Delaunay algorithms (it includes both
Watson's and Clarkson's).

If it is a embedded triangulation, you can visualize with a
program similar to visad/examples/Test62.java.  If it is a
tetrahedralization, you'll need to use the topology from the
Delaunay class to construct a VisADTriangleArray that you
visualize with a RealType mapped to Display.Shape.

Note that VisAD is a library so requires some programming.
The classes I mentioned are described in the Developer's
Guide and used in various examples.