Layers?

Hi Bill it is me again,

I was thinking about using the Visad-Display classes for my application,
I think they run a lot smoother than mine.
I want to store 3D-Objects in different layers in one view, similar to
2D-GeoInformationSystems. For example I do have one Layer for the
terrain-surface, one layer for a ground-water-surface and several layers
for hydrogeological-surfaces. I do want them to be independent from
another, so that I can display several, all or one from the layers at any
time.
I read in the Visadpage something about multiple views, and I was not sure
if this could be something similar to a layer or if these are just
different frames
with a new virtual world in each frame?
Another question I have is about picking. Is VisAD just meant to visualize
objects, or is it possible to interact with them, like picking an object
and then perform a specific behavior?

Do you think it is possible for me to mix a little bit and getting the
nice things out of both (your Display-classes and my Layers for example?)

Thanks for your help Desiree

| Desiree Hilbring      Institut fuer Photogrammetrie und Fernerkundung  |
|                       Universitaet Karlsruhe, Germany                  |
|                       email: hilbring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             |
|                       # 0721 6083676                                   |