Re: contour labels upside-down

Hi Stu,

> I have just produced a VisAD display which
> includes a 2D contour plot on the bottom. The contour
> labels are facing down, to the bottom of the VisAD
> cube. You have to turn the cube over to read the labels.
>
> How does this happen, and, how can I turn the labels over?

There is logic in the default VisAD DataRenderers to
try to orient labels correctly.  If you send me a test
case where it doesn't work, I'll look into it.

> By the way I submit another vote for contour labels
> with the labels along the center of the contour line,
> rather than across it. When the contour lines are
> densely packed it is sometimes impossible
> to tell which line the present labels are associated with.
> I know you are already planning on this improvement.

Absolutely.  VisAD is designed so that things like this
can be changed by extensions.  It may be awhile before we
add a new option for contour labels.  If you want to take
a crack at it, that would be great.