contour labels upside-down

I have just produced a VisAD display which
includes a 2D contour plot on the bottom. The contour
labels are facing down, to the bottom of the VisAD
cube. You have to turn the cube over to read the labels.

How does this happen, and, how can I turn the labels over?

By the way I submit another vote for contour labels
with the labels along the center of the contour line,
rather than across it. When the contour lines are
densely packed it is sometimes impossible
to tell which line the present labels are associated with.
I know you are already planning on this improvement.

--

Stu Wier

wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unidata Program Center