Bug in DelaunayClarkson?

Dear Bill and the rest of the VisAD community,

I encountered a peculiarity with the two Delaunay algorithms for three
dimensions, DelaunayWatson and DelaunayClarkson.  I need the
triangulation to construct 3D Voronoi cells.

Depending on which algorithm I choose, the result is different: The
result looks fine (visuliazed with Java3D) if using the Watson
implementation, suggesting that my own Voronoi-construction-algorithms
might work. With the Clarkson implementation quite often two or more
Voronoi faces do not hit at exactly one vertex as they should. Instead
they hit "somewhere around" the actual vertex position.

So before I continue to debug my source code in more detail I would
like to ask if there is a known bug in the Clarkson algorithm.

I am using the latest VisAD 2.0 jar archive available from the VisAD
web page.

Thanks,

Markus

PS: Although the Watson implemenation works fine, it sometimes happens
that its test()-method reports an internal error. Clarkson
doesn't. But this is another question ...

--
Markus Gumbel
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum    (German Cancer Research Center)