Re: Minimum Graphics memory requirement for 3D Applications

I cannot tell you the minimum, only what I use for VisAD (and other)
development: a IBM Thinkpad 600E (300MHz Pentium II, 256MB memory, 8GB
harddirve, and NeoMagick 256AV multimedia card).  I usually plug it into
a full-size monitor and keyboard at work.  I have Windoz NT on it, and
by putting U/Win over NT, I can use "/" and other Unix commands.

This setup works very well for VisAD development.   Memory is pretty
important -- I would  not get less than 256MB -- the more the merrier
(I'd get more, but I'm at the limit...)!

tom

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison